School Infection Control Procedures for Parents
The Sir Alexander Fleming team have all been working hard on a robust plan to ensure the best possible safety around our full reopening of school in September. Please find below some of the measures we are putting in place and that you MUST follow:
- Do not arrive early or late, we are trying to ensure a limited number of parents on site and a swift drop off and collection at your allocated time and drop-off point.8:30am – 3:00pm: Year 1, Year 4, Year 6
8:45am – 3:15pm: Year 2, Year 5, Year 3
- Children need to be dropped off and collected from their classroom external doors – these will be clearly labelled
- Do not hang around on the playground or at the front of school talking with other families or friends – you will be politely asked to move on.
- All entrance and exit points will be staffed to ensure sensible queuing
- Only 1 parent to bring children to school
- Enter school through the main front gates ONLY
- Exit school through the Car Park gate ONLY
- Follow the one-way system at all times
- Stand 2 metres away from all other families, door entrances and teaching staff
- If you need to talk with the class teacher in the morning, then please pass this message to the adult on the door, remembering to stand 2 metres away.
- If teachers speak to you at the end of the school day, this will be outside at a 2 metre distance.
- If you need to come into the Reception foyer, then please adhere to one person in at a time and stand back from the glass.
- Use the hand sanitiser at the main entrance before entering the building.
- If your child is bringing their own packed lunch to school then this needs to be brought with them at their start time. We are unable to move around school to deliver packed lunches brought from home.
- Ensure your child brings their own water bottle to school and takes it home for careful washing each day.
- School uniform is required.
- Long hair MUST be tied up – if not teachers will supply hair bobbles.
- NO jewellery is to be worn – the virus can live on certain metals for up to 72 hours. Children will be asked to remove this on entry to the classroom.
- If children are travelling to school on public transport, then they must wear a mask. On entry to school they must dispose of the mask in the lidded bin in the classroom immediately and wash their hands. If it is a reusable mask, then the child must keep this in a sealed plastic bag in their bag.