In English we are learning about stories which have repeated language in them.
Here is a link to the story we are studying.
Some ideas we are exploring in class are . . .
- Retell the story orally and write it.
- Create character puppets and retell the story.
- Draw the characters from the story and label them, including their features and personality traits.
- Change the pumpkin to a different vegetable.
- Plan a new story! Set it somewhere different; under the sea, in the forest, in dinosaur land. Once upon a time there was a whale and he planted some seaweed . . .
Watch this version.
There is no narration! Can your child narrate the story?
Can you child create a dance to the story and use the music to help them?
In art we have been describing, sketching and making clay pumpkins!